Volunteers lead and/or side walk along side the student during our Therapeutic Riding Program (TRP) and our beginner lessons. We also need helpers for pony camp to assist the campers in tacking up their ponies and walking down trail. Volunteers are also important in helping with fundraising, benefits, and other events. If you are interested in helping with fund raising, benefits, and other events, please call the Rocky River office at 216- 267-2525.
Click on programs to the left to learn more about volunteer & requirements.
* Must be at least 14 years of age
* Wear comfortable walking shoes, No sandals
* Long pants
* Dress appropriately for the weather. Indoor arena is not heated.
* Must be comfortable walking for at least 45 to 90 minutes in sandy arena footing.
If you are interested in volunteering for Therapeutic Riding, you will need to fill out a Volunteer Form and Waiver/Release Form. You could either go to one of our stables for the paperwork or download and complete the forms for the location at which you would like to volunteer. Mail or drop the forms off at the corresponding facility, and then we will contact you by e-mail or phone to get you started.
* Be a student at Valley Riding in the English group lesson program
* Need to be at least 8 years old
* Strong and competent enough to lead and handle ponies
* Know how to groom and tack up ponies
* Enjoy working with small children
* Have a current Waiver/Release Form on file.
* Print out both the volunteer form and volunteer skills and requirements.
* Sign up sheets are also located in the front lobby.
Please return the volunteer form to the front office. Thank you.
2014 Summer Volunteer Schedule
We need volunteers to assist with our Pony lessons, Beginner I lessons, Horse Camp, and Youth Outdoors programs.
* Need to be a current or past student of Valley Riding
* Need to be at least 12 yrs old, younger volunteers that would like to volunteer with Horse Camp or Beginner English Horsemanship need instructor approval.
* Assist with grooming, tacking and mounting
* Be able to lead horses/ponies* Print out the volunteer skills and requirements